- 11 Cities, 4 Counties, 8 Special Districts, 2 State Agencies
- 190 Potential solar sites
- Lead agency: Alameda County
- Regional support from Joint Venture: Silicon Valley and Contra Costa Council
- Rooftop, Carport, Ground-mounted systems
- Estimated solar potential over 30MW
Project Status (Q2 2012):
- Planning and outreach to participating organizations and key regional stakeholders is underway
- Feasibility Studies for potential sites are scheduled to be completed by the end of Q2 2012
- Workforce development and labor organizations are working to ensure local economic impact
- Procurement documents, templates and specifications are being prepared for Q3/Q4 release
A major collaborative solar project is underway in the Bay Area—the Regional Renewable Energy Procurement Project, which focuses on finding and developing viable solar projects on public agency facilities across Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
This effort is focused on municipal facilities at the local, state and federal level across 4 counties. Positive results are expected based on earlier success with the Silicon Valley Renewable Energy Project. Workforce development and building trades have been actively engaged in the planning process to ensure maximum regional benefits from this project.
For more information visit: